I love doing business with women.
When a business I interact with is owned by a woman, I sense a softness and authenticity to everything I touch. To me, it just seems that women put more care into what their customers think and the experience they have. And that extra bit of care, leaves me smiling.
Over the years I've watched more and more women come online and create businesses they love. Many have scaled their businesses to crazy levels and I admire the heck out them for stepping beyond fear and making their dreams come true.
I hold them as role models to help me reach my dreams.
Here’s a short list is of 8 successful women business owners who have created 6 and 7 figure online businesses. I'm excited to introduce you to them!
Amy Porterfield has been teaching people how to have profitable online businesses since 2009. She discovered that building her dream business wasn't at odds with helping people, so while she learned how to build her business, she taught others along the way.
• she has worked with, helped, guided, and taught in various ways over 250,000 people
• she handled marketing for the legendary performance coach and speaker, Tony Robbins
• she loves her firefighter husband and her dog Scout
Rachel Miller could be called the Queen of Organic Traffic. She’s built her business by teaching others how to build an audience online. In short – she builds Facebook pages, builds an audience for those pages, and then uses those pages to promote products.
• she lives in Fort Worth, Texas and has a personality the size of Texas
• she has six kids and runs a website and Facebook page called One Crazy House
• she was home-schooled and started college when she was 16
Angela Wills started her first website, as a hobby, in 1999 and made her first online sale in 2002. In 2007 she jumped into full-time online business and recently had her first 6-figure year. She runs Laptop Lifestyle University with a membership that focuses on helping her members succeed online.
• she did her first webinar in 2019
• she believes in magic and is a coffee addict
• her background is as a factory worker
Jessica Larrew lost her job in 2008, and with her husband, Cliff, decided to work from home. During this time, they started an FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) Amazon business and eventually added a thriving business teaching others how to use retail arbitrage to grow their own businesses.
• she started a blog to share her experiences with buying retail and selling through Amazon
• she runs an Amazon bootcamp to teach others how to put their savvy shopping skills to use – buy clearance and sell through Amazon
• she loves to travel with her family (husband Cliff and son Aiden), and does business while traveling on cruises and to various parts of the USA
Cindy Bidar is an online marketing automation wiz. Her background includes creating and managing online marketing funnels for 6 and 7 figure online business owners. She recently began teaching online business owners how to do it for themselves.
• she started her online business venture as a writer in 2009 with a blog
• she loves processes and checklists
• she prefers to be behind the scenes making things happen but steps out anyway
Alice Seba began her online business as a writer in 2002. She did it so she wouldn't have to go back to work after giving birth to her first child. She now focuses on creating, curating, and selling relationship-building content. She offers PLR (private label rights) content, teaching writers how to find work online, and offering marketing strategies for coaches, speakers and online publishers.
• she lives with her family near Vancouver, British Columbia
• as a mother of three, she loves the freedom her business provides
• she studied History & Archaeology at Simon Fraser University
Kelly McCausey is a loving, somewhat opinionated, leader in her corner of the internet. She built a thriving internet business doing what she loves. She started her business in 2002 as a single mom with one young son, making graphics and websites for other home-based business owners. Today she’s a sought-after coach who loves her community. She runs a thriving Facebook group while blogging, podcasting, creating information products, running membership programs, and holding live retreats, conferences and workshops.
• started an internet radio program before it was “a thing”
• lives in the North (USA) and loves to travel, so she hosts events in the South where it's warm
• has shaved her head twice to raise money for St. Baldrick's https://www.stbaldricks.org/
Heather Delaney Reese started writing online in 2000 and since has turned her hobby into a full-time career for her entire family. Her blogging business now brings in over $30k per month. She and her family travel 150 days a year and her blog pays for almost all of it. She teaches others how to make money with their blogs using sponsored posts and affiliate marketing and offers a free 5 Day Blogging Crash Course.
• Her blogging business has earned over 6 figures for the past 4 years and it’s still growing at a rapid pace
• She and her family were “hosted” on trips to places like Turks & Caicos, Cancun, Hawaii and a 19 Day Tour of Florida in exchange for coverage of the trips on her blog
• She started the blog and her husband recently left his job to work in the business. Her children are also a big part of the business making a true family affair
These fabulous women are blazing a trail for the rest of us to follow and there’s so much we can learn from them. They are building 6 and 7 figure businesses by serving others and living the lives they want. And… they are no different than you or me, they just took a leap, focused, and persevered.
I encourage you to follow each of these women and learn more about how they made their businesses a success.
Now it's your turn! Tell me about the successful entrepreneurs and online business owners you admire.
Want to highlight these women on your website? You can curate this post and share the info with your audience. Just right click the infographic below, save to your computer, and then share with your audience. If you use the graphic, a link back to this post would be greatly appreciated.
Don't forget to let me know in the comments a little about the women you admire!
All my best,
I’m a fifty-something, self-taught, online business geek from Texas and owner of Online To Thrive. A lot goes into creating an online business and it can be a really scary endeavor. I’m here to help make getting started easy and affordable with step-by-step courses that are clear, straightforward, and uncomplicated.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.